, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > Problem MYSQL

FlexCMS Support Forum

Problem MYSQL
Started April 1, 2008 @ 9:33am by phrawgh
Post Message 
phrawgh

Problem MYSQLApril 1, 2008 @ 9:33am
Ok. I installed and configured Flex with no problems. Everything was working as advertised, I was a happy camper.

When I try to go to the site today, I get:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in /homepages/19/d237457273/htdocs/online/index.php on line 3482
Could not connect to database

I verified all my settings from my host control panel and everything looks fine. The SQL database is online and active with proper config. So, out of desperation I decided to try another install and got the error:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in /homepages/19/d237457273/htdocs/online/install.php on line 471
Could not connect to database

This is the same error as line 3482 and line 471 are calling the DB username and passwd. So, did something happen at my webhost/SQL server or is it a known Flex problem?

Thanks

DCSun
Administrator

April 1, 2008 @ 2:38pm
At the risk of being one of those software people who immediately blame the hosting provider, I do think this one is on them. Generally that error indicates the server is just overloaded with too many sites or too much traffic and PHP can't create a connection to the database. I would contact your hosting company and see if they can shed any light on the situation. I don't think there's any way that could be a FlexCMS problem, as it's not even getting to where a query is run.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

phrawgh

MySQLApril 1, 2008 @ 2:46pm
David,
At the risk of sounding like I jumped the gun, suddenly the site is working... Tongue

I did a little research and I agree with you. This is not an uncommon problem and it is generally a host problem. I host with 1and1. I freaked out a little because I have ran another site with them for over 2 years (some othe php package, can't remember) and never had this problem. I hope it was a one off thing! Shocked

I must compliment you all. The support from the Flex team (both forum and contact form) has been quick and helpful. Kudos and thanks!

DCSun
Administrator

April 1, 2008 @ 2:53pm
Not a problem, glad you're back up and running.Smile

It's possible that they were performing upgrades of some sort. Or more likely that some other site had a badly written script that used up all the allowed connections. And also possible someone got a mention on national TV or linked somewhere important and killed their site along with all the others on the server!

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.07616 seconds.

Management Login