, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > Bug Reports & Enhancement Release Updates > HTML Editor v3.0

FlexCMS Support Forum

HTML Editor v3.0
Started April 2, 2009 @ 10:51am by koen
Post Message 
koen

HTML Editor v3.0April 2, 2009 @ 10:51am
A can't make or edit a page with the HTML Editor?

DCSun
Administrator

April 2, 2009 @ 11:07am
Hi Koen,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. I just ran the upgrade package on a site and it looks fine here. Can you give us some more information about your issue with the editor, such as what you're trying to edit (page, block, article, etc), and your browser make (IE, Firefox, etc) and version? Are you getting any error messages, either Javascript or PHP? Do you still see the edit textarea but with no editor, or is the section missing entirely?

If you like you can also send a username and password with the appropriate permissions to and we can have a look.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Last Edit: April 2, 2009 @ 11:13am by DCSun
koen

April 2, 2009 @ 11:39am
By editing a page:
with firefox 3.0.8
and IE 6
I see the edit textarea but with no editor
I sent you a log-in

otter
Administrator

April 2, 2009 @ 1:01pm
Thanks, we'll have someone take a look at your site.

In the meantime, please go to our demo and let me know if you can see the editor there in FireFox and IE6 and update us via reply here.

Kel

ONLINE TRAINING CLASSES FOR FLEXCMS IN MAY: FlexCMS Basics (101), Sat., May, 15, 2010 & FlexCMS Blocks (Mon., May 10, 2010).

koen

April 2, 2009 @ 6:34pm
Kel,
I'm sorry to let you know i can't see the editor there in FireFox and IE6.
same problem if i use a other pc...

Plain Text/ HTML Without Editor & PHP-Enabled code working fine, but if i change it to Rich text / HTML Editor i see a emty place Undecided

Also the text writen with Plain Text/ HTML Without Editor will not be visible when i changet to Rich text / HTML Editor

Al de rest looks great Wink

DCSun
Administrator

April 3, 2009 @ 12:09pm
Koen,

We tried to view the HTML editor on your site using the account you sent and were able to do so without any problems. We tested it on IE 6, IE 7, and FireFox 3, and it functioned correctly on all of them.

Do you have anything on your system that might be blocking it, such as an aggressive antivirus package, ad removal software, restrictive browser security settings, etc?

David

jpencoder

How to add Plugins for editor?April 8, 2009 @ 3:05am
Hello,

I like the changes of your editor with filemanager but what are the url uploading supported? On your previous editor im not satisfy with the functionality thats why i use TinyMCE Editor because what i like is they are supported the url uploading from youtube, google, vimeo, and so on..

But i am much comfortable with your New Editor if you are going to support that url uploading, i try to configure it out using the guide from the website of fckeditor but many code are modify.

Can you help to the following problem i encountered
- supporting the url uploading form youtube, google, vimeo and so on.

- or if there something downloadable plugins and help me how to install it.

Thank you so much. More Power

DCSun
Administrator

April 8, 2009 @ 5:18pm
First off, there probably aren't as many modifications to the original FCKeditor code as you might think. Obviously there are a number of them, particular in the areas of the links and images, and the overall configuration, but things like the plugins should still function as they normally would if you want to experiment with those. Also note that FlexCMS does not use the open source version of FCKeditor, so all modifications made to it for FlexCMS are part of the FlexCMS package not a derivative of FCKeditor (ie not open source).

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to accomplish with the URL uploading you mentioned. You can easily add in code for Youtube, Google ads, etc by going to the Source mode and pasting in the code they provide. For Javascript based code such as Google Adsense, you may wish to add the code within a table to protect it from accidental deletion, as you won't see it in the WYSIWYG version of the editor, only in Source mode.

David

koen

April 11, 2009 @ 5:13am

Quote (DCSun)

Koen,
Do you have anything on your system that might be blocking it, such as an aggressive antivirus package, ad removal software, restrictive browser security settings, etc?

David

not that I know....Undecided
I tried it from the computer of a friend and the only thing i get is an emty box
http://www.multi-sound.be/support/FlexCMS/html_editor.gif

otter
Administrator

April 11, 2009 @ 12:12pm
Hi Koen,

As you know, we've been unable to duplicate the problems you seem to be experiencing with the editor. In an effort to help you one step further, please click here and let us know if you see the editor.

If your answer is no, then we have to put the ball back in your court again as it could be settings on your pc (firewall, anti-virus, etc.) that is keeping the editor from working.

Again, please let us know your results after you visit the above site.

Thanks!

Kel

ONLINE TRAINING CLASSES FOR FLEXCMS IN MAY: FlexCMS Basics (101), Sat., May, 15, 2010 & FlexCMS Blocks (Mon., May 10, 2010).

Last Edit: April 11, 2009 @ 12:13pm by otter
koen

April 11, 2009 @ 4:31pm
I see a verry nice editor...in your example...
Now like to have it on my site
Tongue

DCSun
Administrator

April 14, 2009 @ 2:04pm
Koen,

We've still not been able to duplicate your problem anywhere to further diagnose it. When you try to view it do you get any Javascript errors? Firefox gives the most useful error messages, you can find them by going to Tools and then Error Console. Clear out what's already in there and then go to one of the areas where you should see the editor, and let us know if anything comes up there.

David

koen

April 17, 2009 @ 1:48pm
Fout: FCKLang is not defined
Bronbestand: http://www.tactical-airsoftgames.be/fckeditor/editor/js/fckeditorcode_gecko.js
Regel: 105

Bronbestand: http://www.tactical-airsoftgames.be/fckeditor/editor/fckeditor.html?InstanceName=PageContents&Toolbar=Default
Regel: 203

Bronbestand: http://www.tactical-airsoftgames.be/fckeditor/editor/js/fckeditorcode_gecko.js
Regel: 99

DCSun
Administrator

April 17, 2009 @ 1:51pm
Thanks Koen. That gives us something to work with. I'll keep you posted.

David

koen

April 17, 2009 @ 1:57pm

Quote (DCSun)

Thanks Koen. That gives us something to work with. I'll keep you posted.

David

Thanks

DCSun
Administrator

April 19, 2009 @ 12:15am
Koen,

I think I've nailed down the problem you were having. Open up your /fckeditor/fckconfig.js file and change line 61 from "true" to "false". Then save and upload back to your site, clear your browser's cache, and try to view the editor again.

Let us know if that works for you.

David

koen

April 20, 2009 @ 3:29pm
Thanks a lot David,

I have a great editor on my site now

Wink

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.07838 seconds.

Management Login