, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > What will I need to move servers?

FlexCMS Support Forum

What will I need to move servers?
Started February 1, 2010 @ 10:05am by wilson765
Post Message 
wilson765

What will I need to move servers?February 1, 2010 @ 10:05am
Hi,

Unfortunately I've tried to update from 2.5 to 3.1 but get the mysql error that has been reported in the forum already so I can't use my existing host.

I can install 3.1 on another hosts server without issue but what do I need to move across (flexcms wise) to reinstate my existing site.

I have moved the template but do I have to rebuild every page manually? DO I have to re set up my photo gallery again manually? Is it possible to move the database?

Any hints would help.

or does anyone offer moving services for a price?

Steve

oh and by the way thanks to David who gave me so much help over the weekend.Smile

Last Edit: February 1, 2010 @ 10:07am by wilson765
DCSun
Administrator

February 1, 2010 @ 10:53am
Steve,

First off, point me to the forum thread you're talking about for the MySQL error, it's possible we can work around that for your existing host if you'd like to stay with them.

If you're definitely moving elsewhere, either by choice or because we can't get it working there, you don't have to re-create your existing site. If both your old and new hosts use CPanel you can go in there and create a backup of your entire site, then provide that to your new hosting company to load in as a starting point for your new account there. Or if you'd prefer we can also move your entire site for you and perform the upgrade, the cost for that would be $50.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

wilson765

February 1, 2010 @ 11:59am
Hi David,

The thread was: upgrade error message

and it talked about this error when going from 2.5 to 3.0

Error on rename of './bearmark_flex/core@002dPages.MYI' to './bearmark_flex/#sql2-946-fdb86.MYI' (Errcode: 2)

I get that error and what with all the database corruption over the weekend I thought maybe it was time to move as I know my hosts would not be very helpful if I asked them to sort it out.

My new host use mysql but not cpanel and I would be happy to pay you $50 to make the move for me.

I will contact via your support desk about this when I'm ready.

Thanks again for help.

Steve

DCSun
Administrator

February 1, 2010 @ 2:00pm
Steve,

You're correct, that error is MySQL related on the server side. And I agree, they probably aren't a good host to stay with given the previous issues.

Make sure you keep your old account active (though not necessarily accessible by the domain name) until the site has been moved, then you can cancel it.

Let us know when you're ready to move it and I'll be happy to help.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.07558 seconds.

Management Login