, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > How to change the index file content

FlexCMS Support Forum

How to change the index file content
Started March 25, 2010 @ 10:31pm by Joelhaggar
Post Message 
Joelhaggar

How to change the index file contentMarch 25, 2010 @ 10:31pm
Hi, I've been searching thought the page and article and all other sections in the control panel and just can't see where I can change the content of the home page (index.php/index.html)

Any ideas.

Thanks,
Joel.

otter
Administrator

March 25, 2010 @ 10:56pm
Hey Joel,

If you login to your site, you can edit the home page by clicking on the edit link on the home page itself (in the upper left hand corner) or by visiting the pages area in the control panel. The file name is index.

Kel

ONLINE TRAINING CLASSES FOR FLEXCMS IN MAY: FlexCMS Basics (101), Sat., May, 15, 2010 & FlexCMS Blocks (Mon., May 10, 2010).

Joelhaggar

March 26, 2010 @ 11:55am
Thanks Kel,

So what does it mean when I see the edit link on the top of my other articles but when I go to the home page there is no edit link?

Also under the page or article section in the control panel there is no mention of index. I even did a search of the page to see if I was missing it.

Thanks,
Joel.

DCSun
Administrator

March 26, 2010 @ 11:57am
Joel,

Is is possible we're talking about the demo site here and not your own installation? If that's the case, certain things have been locked to prevent them from being removed by people who enjoy doing things like that. Otherwise, if this is your own site, maybe you could give us access to take a look and see if we can duplicate the problem?

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Joelhaggar

March 26, 2010 @ 12:03pm
Hi David,

It says my license level is professional. I wasn't the one the signed up for the service but it looks like it's not the demo.

I'd be happy to grant you access. what is the best way to send the username and password?

Thanks,
Joel.

DCSun
Administrator

March 26, 2010 @ 12:06pm
Joel,

Email that to

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Joelhaggar

March 26, 2010 @ 6:21pm
I sent the info in. Did you get it?

Joel.

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.07296 seconds.

Management Login