, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > HTML Validation

FlexCMS Support Forum

HTML Validation
Started May 25, 2010 @ 6:05am by 0870711
Post Message 

HTML Validation May 25, 2010 @ 6:05am
Wow just got a big shock when I tried to validate my website the main page came up with 88 errors and 2 warnings. And this is before I added any content
Can the code be HTML validated, if not, why? this is one of the main SEO requirements.
Even your main page shows 57 errors and 14 warnings
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fflexcms.com%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0&user-agent=W3C_Validator%2F1.767

Your thoughts please
Kevin

DCSun
Administrator

May 25, 2010 @ 10:46am
Hi Kevin,

You're correct, FlexCMS does not do very well with the W3 validator. However, most sites don't either.

For example, here's a few popular sites I ran just for fun:
- HP (donating the server space for the validator itself): 112 errors, 12 warnings
- Google: 46 errors, 2 warnings
- Yahoo: 156 errors, 31 warnings
- Facebook: 42 errors
- Twitter: 15 errors, 68 warnings

Some of the "errors" it finds are stupid or just plain wrong, too. For example, one of the ones it finds on FlexCMS.com is 'Line 40, Column 27: there is no attribute "HEIGHT"' (a table tag). Last I checked the HEIGHT attribute was still allowed in tables!

I also would respectfully dispute the impact of code validation on SEO. I agree that there are elements of it which reflect on SEO, such as having ALT tags on images, and overall making sure the code is as clean and streamlined as possible, but I doubt making your site run through the validation process will do much or anything for its indexing with the search engines. I have a site running FlexCMS which currently ranks #1 out of 5,140,000 results on Google, so I don't believe it does anything to prevent good SE placement.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.07542 seconds.

Management Login