, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > MOVING FLEXCMS INSTALLATION

FlexCMS Support Forum

MOVING FLEXCMS INSTALLATION
Started April 26, 2011 @ 9:09am by cberks
Post Message 
cberks

MOVING FLEXCMS INSTALLATIONApril 26, 2011 @ 9:09am
I need to move a FLEXCMS installation from one hosting service to another, and from one domain name to another.

Can I do that by installing the software on the new service and then restoring the backup I have made from the old service?

Regards, Chris

DCSun
Administrator

April 26, 2011 @ 10:31am
Chris,

The domain name change is pretty straightforward. It needs a new license key, just drop an email to and I can either modify an existing paid one or give you a new one for the new URL.

Unfortunately the backup/restore won't work really well for that. You could technically do the backup, fresh install, and then restore, but I think you're further ahead to just FTP the files over and export/import the database with PHPMyAdmin (and you can change the license key there in between so it's all set when you import it back in).

Let me know if you run into any problems.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.11338 seconds.

Management Login