, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > HTML Editor

FlexCMS Support Forum

HTML Editor
Started January 9, 2014 @ 11:40pm by ddelor
Post Message 
ddelor

HTML EditorJanuary 9, 2014 @ 11:40pm
I finally upgraded our site to the newer version and all went well. Only one minor error I was able to fix with info already posted in this forum.

As two others will be doing updates to a page, I was showing how easy it will now be for them with the "edit" link on each page. I did notice the option to edit the page without HTML is not there! I checked the demo on this site and there is the little mini editor boxes on top. Our site is only showing a dropdown box for Rich Text,Plain text,PHP options but no little graphical buttons show for the WYSIWYG editing or a button underneath like it use to be.

Am I missing something from the upgrade files or a setting?
Thanks!

DCSun
Administrator

January 10, 2014 @ 12:48pm
Hi Donna,

Unfortunately the version of the HTML editor that's currently in FlexCMS doesn't work with some of the newer browsers (I'm guessing you're using IE). It's on our list to get that upgraded but it's a big job to integrate that into FlexCMS. In the meantime you could try using FireFox or Chrome and see if that does anything for you.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

ddelor

January 10, 2014 @ 1:11pm
I am using Firefox 26.0. I will try using another, at the moment, I only have Firefox installed.

Update:
I installed Chrome, still no Wordpad like menu showing and changing the dropdown from Rich text to Plain text makes no changes to the textbox. Is there another browser I should try?

Last Edit: January 10, 2014 @ 1:22pm by ddelor
DCSun
Administrator

January 11, 2014 @ 9:32pm
Hmmm interesting, it works for me in FireFox 26.0. Any error messages or anything in the browser? Feel free to send your site/FTP info to support@flexcms.com if you want me to take a look.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

ddelor

January 12, 2014 @ 12:07pm
No error messages that I see. I will send you log in info.

Thanks!

ddelor

January 13, 2014 @ 5:18pm
Thanks David!
It is working for me now! I had a feeling it was something missing, maybe my fault I hadn't applied the upgrades in awhile.

I really appreciate your help and uploading the missing files for me.

Donna

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.09702 seconds.

Management Login